Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Janie's New Dish =)

Janie's New Dish

Recently my family and I discovered this little paint-your-own pottery shop in downtown Bay City. It's an adorable little place that you can pick out a piece of blank pottery, and melt the hours of the day away painting it. They glaze and fire it for you, and then call you when your project is ready to be picked up. I LOVE THIS PLACE! We went as a family for Easter, and I returned a few weeks later to make a new dish for Janie.


So with Janie by my side, I sat for a few hours and painted her dish. Pink (of course) with black specks, lettering, paw prints, and bones.


As I was painting, there was a kid's birthday parting going on in the next room. Half of the kids kept coming in to the painting room to pet and play with Janie. Tired of having to keep calling the kids back to the party, one of the parents asked if Janie and I could join the party for a minute or two. So we spent a while playing and talking with some kids, and I put her through her tricks. The way this dog interacts with children melts my heart.


After a while of the party, we sat back down, me painting, Janie chewing on her bone. The final touch of paint was Janie's actual paw-print right in the center of the dish. She didn't understand the whole 'paint on the paw' deal, and we left a few paw prints on the art studios floor (oops).


I LOVE the way this dish turned out. I brought it home after they were done firing and glazing it, and thought it needed 'something more'. I figured you can't ever go wrong with bling, so I glued on little rhinestones. It's adorable!


I brought it home to show Jonathan, his first reaction was "Where's the one for Baxter?" (Jonathan loves his cat) Guess I have another trip to the studio in the near future!

1 comment: